picking through the cacophony

intermittent rants and some keepers

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Work Whinge - Not healthy.

i don't know what to say these days.

i'm one of those guys who get totally absorbed at work and my worklife defines me. its sad because i'm either slogging away with no free time left or work sucks and i try to get away but am too upset about it to enjoy my free time away.

and now, i find myself in the 'whinging class'. you know the type: always moaning about work, about indecisive bosses, about his cowardly project leader never fighting for the project but worrying about which way his arse is going to be spanked next, the one who just can't wait for someone to ask him how things are before unleashing his version of events to the unsuspecting. i mean i think i have a legitimate case here (we all think we do!) and yet, the whinging class are almost always the ostracised and become ever more so as they go on a downward spiral of negativity (and marginalisation). get out while you can - don't get stuck in the whinging class!

so, i've mulled about it for awhile now and have spoken to a few within and without the office and i know what i have to do. i might have to do a 'korean period drama man sitting in study for a night sttrategizing' once before but i have to take positive action! positivity! act! let not words replace what should be chiselled, hammered and shaped.

professional, constructive, affirmative step to improve my situation.
not to improve work-flow, smoothen communication channels or improve team ethic. not all that because i've already made the decision to make sure i do a good job in the meantime so that when i positively say goodbye to this project architect, he will bite himself and not think 'good riddance'. this bit, i've sorted- its final and i drop da bomb at the opportune moment and move on. i make my next move to improve my situation.

carlo at the office thinks that my best move would be to approach my previous director, who was also my direct boss in the previous project, with my problem. he knows me and will give me the best advice, with better breadth having the benefit of management level perspective of other resource requirements in the office and also a greater depth of experience to know if i should be staying put and letting the project become interesting for me (which would not solve my problem with my project architect though).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home