picking through the cacophony

intermittent rants and some keepers

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Men & Cars

I've been thinking about getting myself a car and if I do, which type; which one.

But at the same time, it would be an almost entirely extravagant decision as what little money I manage to put aside each month should really be in the kitty for plans for new additions to the family. So, everytime I walk past cars when I can examine the interiors or when cars pass by when I can catch a glance of the driver (does the driver match the car?) I dream a little.

Its like the proverbial fork in the road; one which I imagine most men would have to face some time in their lives. For some, it would not be as difficult as finances would allow them both. Or at least the illusion that credits and overdrafts allow for those who are at least capable of imagining that their offering of a surrender of their freedom to do as they please during most of their waking hours to someone else's cause and bottomline would suffice them the luxury of both. The two routes? One leads to freedom and one to more settlement. Or at least that is how it seems immediately.

But I have to admit that even as I imagine 'my' car (a lexus S430 for that cool classic air that is simultaneously contemporary and harking back to the daring 20s america, or a lexus hybrid engine chelsea tractor), I am not always alone. It is not like I'm yearning for flight, an escape from responsibility or the like. I imagine getting about more often, in more style and sometimes, even with a family! This applies especially to that chelsea tractor fantasy - in the lexus s430, I'm in a classic thin-cut suit and michelle is wrapped in white fur.

But we all know babies are not just emotionally engaging, it is also very draining on the pocket and which parent won't want only the best for their kid? So without too much more examination (creative financing anyone?) or daydreaming, it would seem that this is case closed. One more musing that is remains just that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home