picking through the cacophony

intermittent rants and some keepers

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

NYLDN 2007

Its the New Year and 2007 in London was greeted with the most glorious bang I've witnessed. Down by the Thames at the London Eye, a fireworks display that was so inspiringly choreographed, one could hardly fault the designer his constant assertion that his work was art. Watching it had me going wow and not believing it as yet another wave of light and sound came together or spiralled away, shot upwards or showered down to create a spectacle so epic I had no problems shoving my cynical self under the bean bag to enjoy it.

Maybe it was witnessing that rather ephemeral art display or maybe it was the rather long-ish holiday in Paris last week but 2007 arrived like a breath of fresh air. There might have been a slight bounce to my step as I walked my zombie-like body to the tube and then the office and even though it was not all peaches at work, with all the bosses in my bay still away on their extended Christmas/New Year week holiday, I was not exactly complaining. My problems at work have not vanished with the new year but even as my worries creep and crawl through my system, trying to get from the back of my mind to the rest of me, I felt like my head was clear enough for me to at least know what I should do and what I should not do. I at least knew I should not be overly apologetic nor let my anxiety make me nervous.

This year, I wish to:

1. Take control of my life - wash my hair twice a day; use the lotion for my scalp; sleep early to rise early; exercise as much as possible; exercise as early as possible each day; eat healthy.
2. Enjoy work.
3. Do more, experience less
4. Read more books, less TIMEOUT
5. See an art show every two months
6. Enjoy design.

Good night.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey! i had a reply to this post?
where did it go?

1:08 PM  
Blogger Adrian said...

exactly! i had a reply as well - all deleted when i changed blog layout.

even more features in the new blogspot ... i think you should switch over leh ....

12:07 AM  
Blogger TG said...

but i prefer lj's interface ;) i think you should switch over...

1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home