picking through the cacophony

intermittent rants and some keepers

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Slapper or slag - which is worse?

Rewind to Friday office drinks - second most culpable culprit of office indiscretions behind office Christmas dinners. It's all down to booze of course but whether it just unearths underlying tensions already existing between colleagues or if it's all booze instigated chain of events is anyone's guess. More than likely, it's a combination of both.

ANYWAY.

Everyone at V's leaving do at DUST had knocked back quite a few and all seemed normal. There was much mirth being shared and it seemed the only thing left to do was to get everyone on the dance floor. Floating back and forth between cliques, I stopped by the circle formed by Serge and AR. I think Gary was also there but not a protagonist and only worth mentioning as a possible star witness. They were laughing and I was told why. AR complained that Serge had called her a slag. Serge offered that AR had told a story involving her at 11 years, a nun and some sex. I laughed ALONG and said the word 'slag' and WHAM! My first slap on the face in my entire life.

Maybe it's a chinese thing, maybe it's being a man but to be slapped on the face is a major insult the impact of which I'm still finding difficulty dealing with. Not just the fact that I literally feel the hand on my face even now two days later but I just cannot believe my virgin slap is totally undeserved. Now she might be equally insulted being labelled lewd and promiscuous but surely then, the slap should have been reserved for Serge? Was it because she didn't dare do it to him since he's new to the office? Was it because we have known each other for longer and she then thought she could take liberties? Was it because she already wanted to slap me anyway? And because it is not clear to me why Serge was spared the slap and I got it straight in the face, I think she owes me an apology.

While I want to be the bigger man and think that what happens on Fridays should be forgotten on Monday morning, I'm not sure this has not become personal.

And the last big moan about being slapped in a bar by a woman? I didn't even get anything in return for it.

2 Comments:

Blogger TG said...

BUAHAHAHA!

i'm sorry...

but what happened after the slap? did everyone like stopped and look at you both?

hmmm... i wonder what i'd do? maybe start a slap fest :(

2:05 PM  
Blogger Adrian said...

Never - I was shocked cos the slap was hard and I was slightly drunk.

Blardy - you never kena slap before that's why you can still laugh ...

12:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home