picking through the cacophony

intermittent rants and some keepers

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Spring's Signals


This picture was taken on 21.01.2007 from my lounge - it was such a beautiful day out I figured it would be as good a time as any since I moved in to capture my new apartment. I then noticed that my garden had turned green again - Mother Nature around them must have shown them enough stimulus that they have begun signalling spring. Of course no one should be jumping to conclusions in January even with the world as out of whack as we know it.

Looking at that picture again now, I might be fooled to think that I could actually get out into that little garden of mine and start a barbeque fire going!


Three days later, in the morning of 24.01.2007, I was greeted by this beautiful view in my bedroom window. It caused such a stir in London and even though it didn't warrant a standstill, most of London's public transport networks were disrupted enough for us to stifle a slight snigger to think how a few inches of snow could throw such a curveball into the daily proceedings of "one of the world's great cities".

I hope my plants survive this fickle weather.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home